As you all know, the month of October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month and this just happens to be the month I have my annual mammogram. So, you guessed it. I had mine done this morning. Never a pleasant experience, but I do it dutifully because I know it can help save my life. Last year, one of my dear friends was diagnosed with breast cancer, but, thank God, she is okay now.
So, there are a few things you can do right now to help stave off cancer:
1. Make sure you get your mammogram this month if you have not done so already.
2. Follow a diet rich in fruits, vegetables and fiber.
3. Get at least 30 minutes of exercise daily. Just walking will do.
4. Limit the use of alcohol. Quit smoking
5. Pay it forward. Support breast cancer patients, donate to worthy causes and do whatever you can to help those who need it.
In case you’re wondering about the picture above, it is taken from a post by the National Day Calendar on Breast Cancer Awareness. According to the calendar, today is National No Bra Day, and here’s why. So if after reading you choose to go without a bra, that’s up to you. I’m not taking my support that far. No pun intended.
When you fill in the form below, you will be entered into my mailing list where you can receive up-to-date health news and free offers. [contact-form][contact-field label=”Name” type=”name” required=”true” /][contact-field label=”Email” type=”email” required=”true” /][contact-field label=”Website” type=”url” /][contact-field label=”Message” type=”textarea” /][/contact-form]