Sweet peppers or bell peppers are packed with Vitamin A, Vitamin C, potassium, and are low in calories. They also contain a healthy dose of iron, folate, and fiber. When combined with meat and cheese, bell peppers can form a satisfying low-calorie meal.
Need a last-minute appetizer? This versatile and delicious recipe comes together in under 20 minutes, but looks and tastes like it took a lot longer.
Tip: The easiest way to prepare the bacon for this recipe is to place it on a large plate lined with paper towels. Cover with additional paper towels and place in the microwave for 2-3 minutes, or just until crispy. Cook time will vary by microwave, so be sure to check after two minutes and adjust accordingly. You can also crisp bacon in your air-fryer.
Get this healthy kitchen gadget now
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Serves: 30 appetizers
15 mini sweet peppers in assorted colors
6 oz. goat cheese
6 oz. ricotta cheese
3 T. fresh thyme leaves, stems removed
4 strips thick-cut bacon, cooked crispy and crumbled
Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
3 T. freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Wash peppers and pat dry. Cut each pepper in half lengthwise, leaving the stem intact. Remove seeds and membranes from each pepper half and discard. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine goat cheese, ricotta cheese, thyme leaves, and bacon. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine.
- Place the top oven rack in the 2nd highest position and pre-heat broiler to high. Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and set aside.
- With a small spoon, fill each pepper half with the cheese and bacon mixture and arrange on the prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle some of the freshly grated Parmesan cheese on top of each pepper half.
- Place the baking sheet on the top oven rack and broil for approximately 4-5 minutes or just until the cheese begins to brown and the peppers start to blister. Remove from oven and cool slightly before transferring the peppers to a serving platter. Serve immediately. Enjoy!