So, you recognize that exercise is important otherwise you wouldn’t be reading this article, but you are having some difficulty establishing and maintaining a proper exercise routine. In my last post, I spoke about setting your mind to move more and setting aside a specific time each day to exercise.
Here are a few more tips to help you get off that couch:
• Find your favorite exercise. You’ll be more likely to stick to it if you enjoy it. To find one you’ll enjoy, think about what you played as a kid. Did you enjoy team sports? You might be more of a group or class person, so try a spin class or sign up for an adult sports league. Did you enjoy playing alone? Try running, tennis or a marathon. Rent an exercise video to experiment with different types of exercise.
• Vary your routine and activities if you get bored easily. Try cardio three days a week and strength training twice a week and yoga twice a week. Try working out in the morning part of the time and in the evening part of the time.
• Exercise at the right time of day for you. The best time to exercise is whatever works for your schedule. Mornings might be ideal if you’re a busy professional. Fit in a gym session on your lunch hour or after work if that works best for you.
• Have a dog? Then you have a dedicated exercise partner. A 150 – pound person walking Fido one mile for half an hour a day burns 112 calories.
• Have fun –Exercise can be fun. Do you like to dance? Alone or with your partner (more enjoyable), dancing is a great calorie burner. Or maybe you prefer swimming. Whatever your choice, adding movement to your life can help you lead a more healthy lifestyle. Just be consistent.
Want to learn more about how you can lead a more healthy lifestyle? Just fill in the form below.
[contact-form][contact-field label=”Name” type=”name” required=”true” /][contact-field label=”Email” type=”email” required=”true” /][contact-field label=”Website” type=”url” /][contact-field label=”Message” type=”textarea” /][/contact-form]